One of the most difficult things about being on the keto diet is finding an easy to prepare breakfast recipe – beyond eggs & bacon.
Don’t get me wrong…
I LOVE bacon!
But, sometimes I long for something different – but something simple. I don’t want to spend all Sunday morning in the kitchen.
This is why this Keto Sausage & Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole is PERFECT!!
Minimal prep time – then toss it in the oven and let it bake. Serve it with a small side of berries, and it’s a delicious and beautiful breakfast suitable even for company! (And, they won’t even know it’s Keto-friendly!)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 c whipping cream
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook sausage in a skillet, over medium-high heat, until thoroughly cooked.
- Add cubed cream cheese, to sausage, and cook until cream cheese is melted and combined with sausage.
- Remove from heat and mix in 1 cup of cheddar.
- Spread sausage and cheese mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Whisk eggs, whipping cream, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage.
- Top with remaining 1/2-cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until eggs are cooked through.
To serve, cut into 12 squares and layer two pieces, one on top of the other, to give a nice, thick serving.