Looking for delicious and satisfying low-carb keto dish? Try this scrumptious Keto Sausage and Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole!
One of the most difficult things about being on the keto diet is finding an easy to prepare breakfast recipe – beyond eggs & bacon.
Don’t get me wrong…
I LOVE bacon!
But, sometimes I long for something different – but something simple. I don’t want to spend all Sunday morning in the kitchen.
This is why this Keto Sausage & Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole is PERFECT!!
Minimal prep time – then toss it in the oven and let it bake. Serve it with a small side of berries, and it’s a delicious and beautiful breakfast suitable even for company! (And, they won’t even know it’s Keto-friendly!)
Keto Sausage and Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheddar, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 c whipping cream
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook sausage in a skillet, over medium-high heat, until thoroughly cooked.
- Add cubed cream cheese, to sausage, and cook until cream cheese is melted and combined with sausage.
- Remove from heat and mix in 1 cup of cheddar.
- Spread sausage and cheese mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Whisk eggs, whipping cream, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage.
- Top with remaining 1/2-cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until eggs are cooked through.
To serve, cut into 12 squares and layer two pieces, one on top of the other, to give a nice, thick serving.