When it comes to nutrition, consuming beef organs isn’t the most popular subject. Many of us are no longer aware of the benefits of eating healthy, grass-fed organ meat.
The truth is grass-fed beef liver (along with other organs like the heart, kidneys and spleen) is actually one of nature’s most nutrient-packed superfoods. However, in the modern world, we don’t get to reap its benefits because of big factory farming and how most of our food is commercially processed.
Here’s the good news: if you can’t find legit organic meat, you can get still get grass-fed beef organ supplements. So, what exactly are its benefits? Read on to find out!
Are Grass-Fed Beef Organs Really Good for You?
Traditionally, Native Americans actually ate organs from healthy animals to medicate their illness. For instance, a person with a heart problem is fed with the heart of a healthy animal. Likewise, eating the liver of a healthy animal was believed to relieve liver ailments. Basically, our ancestors consumed organ meat because it helped improve their health.
In fact, science has confirmed grass-fed beef organs are rich in essential vitamins that our bodies need. You can get high amounts of the following vitamins just by consuming grass-fed organ meat:
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Preformed Vitamin A, also called Retinol
- Coenzyme Q10, also called CoQ10
- Heme Iron
Renowned scientist Dr. Weston A. Price, considered the ‘Isaac Newton of Nutrition,’ extensively wrote about how eating organic beef organs fill nutrition gaps in the modern diet. Dr. Price also found that native groups who maintained a traditional diet of organic plants and meat didn’t experience a lot of chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
Where Can I Get Grass-Fed Beef Organs?
You can get grass-fed beef organs from farms that grow pasture-raised beef with no antibiotics or GMOs. Just make sure you’re buying organ meat from a real organic farmer. It’s not advisable to eat any type of organ meat from grain-fed cows because their organs are unhealthy from eating an unnatural diet.
Aside from buying beef organs, you can actually purchase grass-fed organ beef supplements. There are supplements that are freeze dried, which means you get more of the vitamins that make organ meats nourishing. You can get the following health benefits by taking grass-fed beef supplements:
5 Great Benefits of Grass-Fed Beef Organ Supplements
- Supports Cardiovascular Health – Grass-fed beef organ supplements, specifically beef heart, contains the highest source of naturally occurring CoQ10. It supports heart function and reduces high blood pressure levels, lowering the risk of heart disease. CoQ10 is also an essential enzyme that prevents oxidation stress – an imbalance in the body’s ability to counteract cancer-causing free radicals.
- Boosts the Immune System – Grass-fed beef organ supplements are rich in vitamin D, which is extremely important for immune function. Vitamin D helps your body produce more than 200 antimicrobial peptides to help you fight different types of infections. It can prevent vitamin D deficiency which causes muscle weakness and pain.
- Regulates the Body’s Energy Metabolism – Supplements like grass-fed beef kidney has high amounts of vitamin B12 that supports nerve function and memory. It’s also essential for converting glucose into energy and supporting spinal cord function. Vitamin B12 basically supplies your body with a boost of energy and even helps improve your mood.
- Helps Prevent and Relieve Inflammation – Grass-fed beef supplements such as beef liver is a potent source of preformed vitamin A (retinol) as well as other vitamins such as B12, folate and heme iron. Vitamin A is an anti-inflammatory agent known to promote cell renewal. It’s used to treat all sorts of inflammatory conditions like acne, chronic lung disease like broncho-pulmonary dysplasia and arthritis.
- Detoxifies the Body – Taking grass-fed beef organ supplements can have a detoxifying effect on the body. The detoxification reaction is more common among people with autoimmune conditions like diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis. When this happens, people usually experience headaches, dizziness and flu-like symptoms. It’s an indication that the body’s detox pathways are working to release more toxins from the body. People who experience detoxification reaction usually take lower doses of grass-fed organ supplements at the beginning to relieve its side-effects.
Nourish Your Way to Health with Ancestral Supplements’ Grass-Fed Beef Organs
Putting back what the modern world has left out, Ancestral Supplements provide grass-fed beef organs that are pasture-raised in New Zealand. These supplements are hormone, pesticide and GMO-free. They’re completely freeze-dried so you get more heat sensitive vitamins. Expect no additives or fillers, just 100% pure grass-fed beef organs.
Get 10% OFF your order when you use this coupon code: FITBOD
Based on lots of studies, it’s clear consuming grass-fed beef organ supplements are good for your body. Just remember, no amount of supplements can outperform a bad diet and unhealthy lifestyle. Make sure to eat nutritious food and make time for exercise.
What do you think of grass-fed beef organ supplements? Will you try taking them?
Tell us in the comments below!