Consuming beef organs isn’t the most popular subject when it comes to health. Many of us no longer know the benefits of eating healthy, grass-fed organ meat.
The truth is grass-fed beef liver (along with other organs like the heart, kidneys and spleen) is actually one of nature’s most nutrient-packed superfoods. However, in the modern world, we don’t get to reap its benefits because of big factory farming and commercially processed food.
Here’s the good news: if you can’t find legit organic meat, you can still get grass-fed beef organ supplements. So, what exactly are its benefits? Read on to find out!
Are Grass-Fed Beef Organs Really Good for You?
Traditionally, Native Americans actually ate organs from healthy animals to medicate their illness. For instance, a person with a heart problem is fed with the heart of a healthy animal. Likewise, liver from a healthy animal relieves liver ailments. Basically, our ancestors consumed organ meat because it helped improve their health.
In fact, science has confirmed grass-fed beef organs are rich in essential vitamins that our bodies need. You can get high amounts of the following vitamins just by consuming grass-fed organ meat:
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin D
- Preformed Vitamin A, also called Retinol
- Coenzyme Q10, also called CoQ10
- Heme Iron
Renowned scientist Dr. Weston A. Price, the ‘Isaac Newton of Nutrition,’ extensively wrote about how eating organic beef organs fill nutrition gaps in the modern diet. Dr. Price learned native groups who maintained a traditional diet (organic plants and meat) didn’t experience most chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer and heart disease.
Where Can I Get Grass-Fed Beef Organs?
You can get grass-fed beef organs from farms that grow pasture-raised beef with no antibiotics or GMOs. Just make sure you’re buying organ meat from a real organic farmer. It’s not advisable to eat any type of organ meat from grain-fed cows because their organs are unhealthy from eating an unnatural diet.
Aside from buying beef organs, you can actually purchase grass-fed organ beef supplements. There are freeze dried, which means you get more of the vitamins that make organ meats nourishing. Here are the health benefits of taking grass-fed beef supplements:
5 Great Benefits of Grass-Fed Beef Organ Supplements
- Supports Cardiovascular Health – Grass-fed beef organ supplements, specifically beef heart, contains the highest source of naturally occurring CoQ10. It supports heart function and reduces high blood pressure levels to lower the risk of heart disease. CoQ10 is an essential enzyme that prevents oxidation stress – an imbalance in the body’s ability to fight cancer-causing free radicals.
- Boosts the Immune System – Grass-fed beef organ supplements are rich in vitamin D, which is extremely important for immune function. Vitamin D helps your body produce more than 200 antimicrobial peptides to fight different types of infections. It prevents vitamin D deficiency which causes muscle weakness and pain.
- Regulates the Body’s Energy Metabolism – Supplements like grass-fed beef kidney contains amounts of vitamin B12 that supports nerve function and memory. It’s essential for converting glucose into energy and spinal cord function. Vitamin B12 basically boosts your energy supply and even helps improve your mood.
- Helps Prevent and Relieve Inflammation – Grass-fed beef supplements such as beef liver is a potent source of preformed vitamin A (retinol) as well as other vitamins such as B12, folate and heme iron. Vitamin A is an anti-inflammatory agent that promotes cell renewal. It’s used to treat all sorts of inflammatory conditions like acne, chronic lung disease like broncho-pulmonary dysplasia and arthritis.
- Detoxifies the Body – This detoxification reaction is more common among people with autoimmune conditions like diabetes or rheumatoid arthritis. When this happens, people usually experience headaches, dizziness and flu-like symptoms. It means the body’s detox pathways are working to release more toxins from the body. People who experience detoxification reaction usually take lower doses of grass-fed organ supplements at the beginning to relieve its side-effects.
Nourish Your Way to Health with Ancestral Supplements’ Grass-Fed Beef Organs
Ancestral Supplements provide grass-fed beef organs that are pasture-raised in New Zealand. These supplements are hormone, pesticide and GMO-free. They’re completely freeze-dried so you get more heat sensitive vitamins. Expect no additives or fillers, just 100% pure grass-fed beef organs. Put back what the modern world left out with Ancestral Supplements!
Get 10% OFF your order when you use this coupon code: FITBOD
Based on lots of studies, it’s clear consuming grass-fed beef organ supplements are good for your body. Just remember, no amount of supplements can outperform a bad diet and unhealthy lifestyle. Make sure to eat nutritious food and make time for exercise.
What do you think of grass-fed beef organ supplements? Will you try taking them?
Tell us in the comments below!