Tone your tummy and improve your balance with Straight Arm Side Planks!
Define and strengthen your core muscles by doing Straight Arm Side Planks! This plank variation targets your obliques, which are the muscles located next to your abs on both sides of your body. It also improves your balance and tones your arms. To try this workout, just follow these steps.
How to Do Straight Arm Side Planks
- First, sit on the floor. You must be sitting on your side with your feet extended.
- If you’ll be balancing on your right side, set your right hand on the floor. Then, take your left foot and place it in front of your extended right leg.
- Using your right arm, prop your body up and shift your weight into your left foot.
- Lift your front foot and set it on top of your right foot. Raise your left hand up and make sure your right hand is sturdy and straight. Take note: you can modify this move by using your knees or keeping your left foot on the ground when your prop yourself up.
- Hold this position for 10 to 15 seconds or for as long as you can.
- Repeat the position using your other arm.
Work your abs and try this exercise today!