Improve your stamina and stretch your hamstrings by doing the Side Angle A pose! This yoga move targets your core muscles and strengthens your ankles, knees and legs. It’s also a great exercise to relieve stiffness in your shoulders and back. Just follow these steps to do this yoga position.
How to Do the Side Angle A Pose
- Stand in an upright position with your hands to your sides.
- Step one foot forward and your other foot back. Using your your right foot: make sure your knee is directly aligned with your ankle. It should look like a lunge position. Move your chest to face the ceiling. Take Note: if you’re doing this move from Warrior II, move your chest should face the ceiling.
- Place your right forearm on your right thigh. Your palms should be open and relaxed. If your left knee is bent forward, you should place your left forearm on your left thigh.
- Then, raise your other arm over your head. Your palm should be open facing the opposite direction. Make sure to bend your front knee lower as you extend your arm. The position should look similar to a slanted capital A.
- Hold the position and take three deep breaths. Take note: depending on your yoga routine, you can hold the position longer.
Challenge yourself and try this yoga position today!