Stretch and relax your shoulders, chest and thighs by doing the Tree Pose! Good for all levels, this yoga position practices your balance and builds strength in your ankles and calves and even tones your ab muscles. This pose is also used as a therapeutic exercise to help relieve sciatica. To do this yoga position, just follow these steps!
How to Do the Tree Pose
- Stand straight with your feet hip-distance apart. Relax your shoulders.
- Shift your weight on to your right foot.
- Raise your left leg and bend your left knee inwards with your toes pointed. You can place your left foot just below your knee or above your knee. Take note: If you struggle with balance, you can lower your toes on the floor. Just keep pointing your toes and don’t let the palms of your foot touch the ground.
- Place your palms together as if in a praying position. You can also raise your palms higher. Squeeze your buttocks and relax your shoulders.
- Hold the position and take three deep breaths. Take note: You can hold the position longer for 15 to 30 seconds or more.
Try this energizing yoga move today!