Strengthen your core muscles with the Bird Dog Pose! This great yoga move works your butt muscles and hips. It also targets your shoulders and arms and even improves balance. It’s the perfect full-body stretch that helps relieves stress. To do this yoga move, just follow these steps.
How to Do the Bird Dog Pose
- Begin by kneeling and placing your hands on the floor.
- Straighten your arms and make sure they’re aligned with your shoulders. Check your knees and make sure they’re aligned with your hips.
- Lift one leg and extend it straight back. Reach forward with your opposite arm. If you’re lifting your right leg, make sure to extend your left hand forward. Take note: your extended leg and arm should be parallel to the ground. Keep them straight.
- Hold this position and take deep breaths.
- Repeat the exercise on your other leg.
Get your body moving and try this yoga pose today!