Stretch your hips and knees while strengthening your back muscles with the Knees to Chest Pose.
This relaxing yoga pose stretches and stabilizes muscles in your pelvis. It’s a great way to relieve pain and tension in your lower back. It even works your ab muscles to help strengthen your core. Other benefits of doing this position include improved blood circulation and relief from stomach bloating. It’s also the classic yoga pose for enhancing your posture.
This move is very easy to do. You can conveniently do it in bed before you sleep or after waking up in the morning. To try this yoga pose, just follow these steps.
How to Do the Knees to Chest Pose
- Begin by lying on the floor with your back. Place your hands to your sides.
- Slowly bend your knees as close as you can to your chest. Hug your knees with your arms.
- While hugging your knees, you can start rocking from side to side to engage your core, hips and lower back muscles.
- Then, while holding your knees, lift your head forward. Try to get as close as you can to your knees.
- Hold this position and take deep breaths.
Get your body moving and try this yoga workout today!