Release tension in your hips and hamstrings by doing the Low Lunge! This yoga position helps open your chest and strengthen your knees. It’s also a great workout that will help you practice mental focus and relieve stress. Just follow these steps to do this yoga position.
How to Do the Low Lunge
- Start from a Downward-Facing Dog pose. Make sure your hands are planted firmly on the ground.
- Lift one leg behind you. You can start by lifting your right leg. Hold this pose for a few seconds.
- Shift your weight forward as you lower your right leg.
- Place your right foot in between your hands. Make sure your right knee is bent direct over your ankle. Engage your core and hip muscles.
- Then, drop your left knee down. The top of your left foot should be on the floor. Try to sink a little bit deeper to stretch your hips and legs.
- Relax your shoulders. Take a deep breath and raise your arms high up.
Get your body moving and try this yoga pose today!