Stretch and relax your back by doing the Reclining Spinal Twist Pose!
This great yoga workout helps ease back and neck tension and works muscles in your hips and thighs. Absolutely calming, it helps stretch your back muscles and glutes. It’s a great way to decompress and relieve stress after a hectic and tiring day. This move is also known for stimulating and detoxifying your internal organs. When done properly, it lengthens and realigns your spine to relieve back tension.
The movement also stretches your chest, shoulders and upper back. To do this yoga pose, just follow these steps.
How to Do the Reclining Spinal Twist
- Begin by lying on the floor with your back. Keep your feet together and your arms on your sides.
- Bend your knees and left them off the floor.
- Hold your knees with your hands and pull them closer to your chest.
- Let go of your knees and extend your arms to the sides. Lay your arms down on the floor. Try to keep your shoulders flat on the floor.
- Twist your body to one side allow your knees rest on the floor.
- You can twist back and pull your knees again close to your chest.
- Then, twist your body to the other side and let your knees rest on the floor.
- Repeat this several times while breathing deeply.
Get moving and try this yoga workout today!