Stretch your hips and strengthen your spine by doing the Standing Forward Bend Pose!
This yoga position is great for stretching your back, hamstrings and calves. It even activates your ab muscles and strengthens your knees. Additional benefits includes reduced stress and feeling more calm. To practice this yoga pose, just follow these steps.
How to Do the Standing Forward Bend Pose
- Begin in a standing position.
- Bend your knees downward. Make sure to bend your hips as so you can reach lower. Your lower back should arch a little. Take note: don’t slouch your upper back. This can hurt your muscles and it will keep you from reaching lower.
- Extend your arms downward and try to touch your toes or the ground.
- Slowly lift the back of your hips upward. Your muscles will start to stretch and open up correctly. This will help you touch your toes or the ground with your legs completely straight.
- Hold the position and take deep breaths. Repeat the exercise.
Challenge yourself and try this yoga pose today!