I absolutely love pasta, especially lasagna! But I couldn’t enjoy pasta when I switched to the paleo diet. So when I found this One Pot Meaty Paleo Lasagna Recipe, it changed everything.
I can enjoy my favorite Italian dish without grains and dairy!
I know what you’re thinking. Can you make lasagna without pasta? I didn’t think so. Even my mom was skeptical until we tried it.
Surprisingly, zucchini is a great substitute for pasta dishes. It gives that similar pasta texture minus the excess carbs. It’s a delicious and healthy alternative to high-calorie pasta meals.
This paleo lasagna is incredibly easy to make. Just toss ingredients in one pot and you’re ready to cook. Best of all, it doesn’t taste like you’re on a diet AT ALL. Try it for yourself!
One Pot Meaty Paleo Lasagna Recipe
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 small zucchinis or 1 large zucchini
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup marinara sauce, sugar-free
- Dice the onion and garlic cloves and set them aside. Use a peeler or mandolin slicer to cut zucchinis into long thin strips. Press them with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Cook the ground beef in a large pot or deep skillet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Remove the ground beef from the pan and set it aside.
- Drain excess fat from the pan. Leave 2 tablespoons of fat on the pan to saute the veggies.
- Turn the pan on medium heat. Saute the onions and garlic. Add the zucchini slices and mushrooms and saute for 4 to 5 minutes or until the ingredients are soft.
- Add back the ground beef and mix it evenly. Put the marinara sauce, basil and parsley leaves. Season it with dried oregano. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes to combine the flavors.
- Stir in the spinach until it’s well-cooked.
Place it on a large bowl or wide plate. Layer nice, thick servings of the ground meat and veggies. Optional: make it more appetizing by topping it with fresh parsley and sliced tomatoes.