Want to workout without going to the gym? Don’t like expensive exercise machines? Check out these fat-burning, no-equipment workouts!
Some of us just don’t have enough time to hit the gym. Others don’t have funds for costly workout equipment. However, it’s NOT AN EXCUSE to skip exercise. You can do quick workouts just about anywhere. In fact, doing intense exercise or High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for 20 minutes can be better than long workouts.
There are lots of no-equipment workouts that everyone can do. You can try simple cardio and bodyweight exercises. Whether you’re at home, the office or outdoors, you can do these 10 awesome workouts.
10 Top Fat-Burning, No–Equipment Workouts for Weight Loss
1. Squat Jumps
The Squat Jump is all about power! It’s an explosive move that burns stored body fat. The more you do it, the more it increases your stamina and energy. This intense workout targets your ab muscles, hips and legs. It increases heart rate fast and burns more calories compared to regular squats. To do this exercise, just follow these steps.
How to Do Squat Jumps:
- Stand with your feet apart. Clasp your hands in front of your chest.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips into squat. Position your hips just above the knee line.
- Lower your arms back for stability. Jump as high as you can while raising your hands.
- Land on the floor with your feet apart. Assume the squatting position.
- When you’re ready, jump again.
- Repeat this move for 30 seconds. Do as many Jump Squats as you can.
This makes 1 set. You can do 2 to 3 sets with 60 seconds of rest in between.
2. Plank Jacks
Amp up your core exercise with Plank Jacks! This variation of the Forearm Plank adds intense cardio moves into a static workout. It gets your heart rate up and keeps your core muscles engaged. It’s just like doing jumping jacks, but with your elbows planted on the floor. To do this exercise, just follow these instructions.
How to Do Plank Jacks:
- Assume a Forearm Plank position.
- Engage your core muscles. Avoid bending your hips.
- Keep your feet together. Plant your toes firmly on the floor.
- Jump both feet apart. Try to jump as wide as you can.
- Quickly jump back to the starting position.
- Repeat this move for 30 seconds. Do as many Plank Jacks as you can.
This makes 1 set. You can do 2 to 3 sets with 60 seconds of rest in between.
3. Single Leg Kick Workout
Work your arms, legs and core muscles with the Single Leg Kick Workout! This floor exercise strengthens your arms and shoulders while toning your hips. It increases your flexibility and even helps improve your balance. It’s also a great bodyweight exercise for tightening your booty. To do this workout, just follow these steps.
How to Do the Single Leg Kick Workout:
- Plant your knees firmly on the ground.
- Place your hands on the floor. Put one hand on top of the other.
- Adjust your knees. Point them facing each other.
- Make sure to separate your feet as far as you can.
- Lift one leg back. Point your toe, stay engaged. Raise it as high as you can.
- Lower you leg back to the floor. When you’re ready, raise your leg again.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds. Do the move as many times as you can.
- Do the same exercise with your other leg.
4. Russian Twist
Target tummy fat by doing the Russian Twist! This core body workout tightens and tones your six-pack ab muscles and hamstrings. It’s also a great workout that improves heart health. Up for a greater challenge? You can do Russian Twists with weights or a medicine ball. To try this workout, just follow these steps.
How to Do the Russian Twist:
- Sit on the floor and bend your knees. Plant your feet on the floor.
- Lean your body backwards. Lift your legs up to a 45 degree angle from the floor.
- Clasp your hands together. Slowly twist your body and hands to the side.
- Twist your torso back to the center. Then, twist your torso to the other side.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds. Do as many Russian Twists as you can.
Tip: Look straight ahead. Twist your body, keep your neck steady.
5. Side Lunge to Curtsy Lunge
Work your lower body with the Side Lunge to Curtsy Lunge! This great cardio workout tones your legs and works your inner and outer thighs. It’s one of the best no-equipment workouts you can do for tightening your hips and tummy. It strengthens your core, hamstrings and butt muscles too. To do this exercise, just follow these instructions.
How to Do the Side Lunge to Curtsy Lunge:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Step one foot to the side. If you step with your right foot, put your weight on your left foot.
- Bend your right knee to the side. Assume a lunge position.
- Move your body upward and straighten your right leg.
- With your right foot, take a big step back. Cross it at the back of your left leg. This is the Curtsy Lunge.
- Bend your knees until your left thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Step your right foot back to a Side Lunge. Repeat the Side Lunge to Curtsy Lunge several times.
- Do this exercise for 30 seconds. This completes 1 set.
- Repeat the exercise with your left foot.
6. Scissor Lifts
Ready for a killer floor workout? Scissor Lifts are great for toning and strengthening six-pack abs. If you want no-equipment workouts for rock hard abs, this is a great exercise for you! All you have to do is lie on the floor and raise your legs. It’s a lot like doing leg drops, but you move your legs up in the air. It also tones and strengthens your hip muscles. To try this workout, follow these instructions.
How to Do Scissor Lifts:
- Lie with your back flat on the floor. Place your hands on your sides. Engage your ab muscles.
- Option 1: Raise your legs. Bend your knees to a 90 degree angle.
- Alternate moving your right and left foot. Your legs should look like moving scissors.
- Option 2: To make it more challenging, you can straighten your legs while doing the exercise.
- Repeat this workout for 30 seconds.
7. Power Jacks
Spice up your home workouts with intense Power Jacks! This great exercise increases blood circulation and improves heart health. It sparks weight loss by burning more calories than regular jumping jacks. This move targets your hips, glutes and hamstrings for a total fat-burning workout. If you want to lose fat and maintain your ideal wight, this is an excellent exercise for you. To do Power Jacks, just follow these steps.
How to Do Power Jacks:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Place your arms on your sides. Keep your head up, chest out and shoulders back.
- Hop your feet wide apart into a deep squat. Your arms should be raised as you do this.
- Press through your heels. Jump up with your feet together. When you land, your arms should be lowered to your sides.
- Repeat this exercise for 30 seconds. Do as many Power Jacks as you can.
8. Quick Feet
Improve your speed and agility by doing the Quick Feet Exercise! It increases your heart rate fast for an excellent cardio workout. If you’re trying to burn some calories while working your lower body, you should definitely add this to your routine! It engages your glute muscles and keeps your abs tight for stability. To to this workout, just follow these instructions.
How to Do the Quick Feet Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Slightly bend your knees, keep your hips low.
- Focus the movement on your lower body. Run in place quickly. Make rapid movements by pushing the weight on the balls of your feet.
- Repeat this movement for 30 seconds. Try to jog in place as many times as you can.
Tip: Stay low throughout the movement. Use your arms for stability. Breathe deeply with a smooth and steady rhythm.
9. Side Lunges
Want a killer cardio and complete lower body workout? Side Lunges are a classic Pilates leg-toning exercise. It strengthens your thighs and even improves your balance. This move also tones and your hamstrings, quads and glutes. It will tighten your booty so you can fit in to those sexy jeans! To do this move, just follow these steps.
How to Do Side Lunges:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Place your hands together and your shoulders rolled back.
- Step one leg to the side. Your right foot should step to the right side. Then, bend your right knee.
- Lunge down, keep your right knee bent. Make sure your left leg is straight.
- Step your right foot back to the original position.
- Repeat the move for 30 seconds. Do as many Side Lunges as you can.
- Do Side Lunges with your left leg.
10. Diamond Push Ups
Diamond Push Ups are one of the best strengthening exercises you can do. Better than regular push ups, a slight hand change makes it a close-grip push up. This works your triceps, which are the large muscles found in the upper part of your arms. Your biceps, chest and abs even get a piece of the action. It’s the perfect workout if you want chiseled chests and arms. It even defines your core muscles. To try this exercise, just follow these steps.
How to Do Diamond Push Ups:
- Kneel on the floor. Straighten your arms and place your hands on the ground.
- Put your hands together. Align your thumbs and forefingers to form a triangle. Make sure your hands are in line with your chest.
- Straighten your legs. Plant your toes firmly on the ground. Make sure to keep your feet together.
- Slowly bend your elbows and lower your body to the floor. Breathe in as you come down.
- Push up. Straighten your arms to lift yourself. Breathe out as you lift your body.
- Repeat this move for 20 to 30 seconds. Do as many push ups as you can.
There you have it! You can try all 10 no-equipment workouts for a 20-minute exercise routine. Just allot 2 minutes for each move.
If you’re not used to doing cardio and bodyweight exercises, some of these no-equipment workouts may be hard at first. But don’t worry! Just keep doing them and you’ll get better. Consistency will take you closer to your fitness goals.
What do you think of these no-equipment workouts?
Step up your exercise routine and try these moves today!