Need a delicious Mexican food fix while on a diet? Try this healthy Paleo Chicken Taco Wrap recipe!
I’ve always enjoyed flavorful Mexican dishes. From burritos to tacos, you name it. I can’t help but give in to my Mexican food cravings. However, now that I’m on the paleo diet, I’m on the lookout for low-carb alternatives.
But who says you can’t enjoy yummy food while on a diet?
This low-carb Paleo Chicken Taco recipe definitely changed that for me. Instead of taco shells, just use fresh romaine lettuce and fill it with scrumptious pan-seared chicken. Best of all, I love how it has lots of fresh ingredients like tomatoes, avocados and onions. It’s even drizzled with zesty cilantro lime sauce.
This healthy meal is a great option if you’re going on a low-carb or paleo diet. Try it for yourself!
Savory Paleo Chicken Taco Wrap Recipe
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- Chop the chicken into cubes. Marinate it in a zip-lock bag or large bowl. Add the garlic, olive oil and taco spice. Let it marinate for 15 to 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- Prepare all the fresh ingredients. Dice the onion, tomato and avocado. Rinse the romaine lettuce leaves and pat it dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Set ingredients aside.
- Remove the chicken cubes from the marinade. Cook the chicken on a grill or skillet. Use medium to high heat. Let it sear for 9 to 10 minutes per side, or until it’s no longer pink on the inside.
- Make the cilantro sauce. Using a food processor, blend the Greek Yogurt, cilantro leaves and lime juice. Blend it for 1 minute until it’s creamy. Add a pinch of salt. If you want a bit of heat, add diced jalapeno to the mixture.
There you have it! Now your Paleo Chicken Taco is ready to serve.
Take a big plate or wide bowl. Place the lettuce wraps on the plate. Layer generous servings of chopped avocados, tomatoes and onions over the lettuce. Add the seared chicken and drizzle with the cilantro sauce.