Anyone who’s on the keto diet knows bacon is a staple on the menu. However, if you want something a little different to start your day, try this super tasty Keto Breakfast No-Bread Sausage and Egg Sandwich!
Don’t get me wrong, I still LOVE bacon!
But for days where I want to jazz up my low-carb diet, I make this recipe. If it looks familiar, it’s because it’s inspired by the classic McMuffin sandwich.
I’ve always wanted to try this dish when I first saw it. Now I’m glad I found a keto version that uses absolutely no bread.
Moreover, it’s so quick and easy to make! All you need are breakfast sausages, eggs and mayo. I mean, what’s easier to make than fried eggs, right? This keto-friendly meal just takes 15 minutes to make. You can even add a few slices of fresh avocado for unique flavor.
Try this hearty keto breakfast and start your day with a smile!
Keto Breakfast No-Bread Sausage and Egg Sandwich
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 2 breakfast sausage patties
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of avocado (optional)
Note: To make perfectly round-shaped eggs, you can use silicone egg molds. Personally, I use mason jar lid rings to cook the eggs. Coat the inner part of the ring or mold with butter to keep them from sticking.
- Use a large pan to melt the butter over medium heat. Place the silicone egg molds.
- Crack each egg into separate cups. Break the yolks and gently whisk them.
- Pour one whisked egg on each silicone mold. Cover for 3 to 4 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. Remove the eggs from the pan. Make sure to gently take off the rings. Set the egss aside.
- Using the leftover butter on the pan, cook the breakfast sausage over medium heat. Cook until golden brown.
There you have it! Now your keto breakfast sandwich is ready to serve.
- Take a plate and place the fried egg in the middle. Spread half of the mayonnaise on the egg. Take one sausage patty and place it on top of the egg.
- Place a slice of cheese and avocado on the sausage patty.
- Put the second sausage patty on top. Spread the remaining mayonnaise. Place the second slice of cheese and avocado on the patty.
- Place the second fried egg on top. Now you’re ready to eat!
Enjoy your breakfast! For another delicious keto recipe, check out our Keto Sausage & Cream Cheese Breakfast Casserole!