Craving mac and cheese but without the extra carbs? Try this scrumptious Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Keto Recipe!
I just love cheese!
It’s one of the few things I’m not ready to give up. Yes, even on a diet. So it was such a delight to know it’s possible to stick to my keto diet while still enjoying mac and cheese.
To be honest, I couldn’t believe it myself. Mac and cheese without the macaroni? You’ve got to be kidding me! But boy, was I wrong!
Cauliflower turns out to be the perfect pasta alternative for this recipe. I think even kids will like it. It’s absolutely delicious, creamy and satisfying. Just right to keep within my low-carb, high-fat diet. But enough about what I think. Try this mac and cheese keto recipe yourself!
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Keto with Sausage Recipe
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 2 breakfast sausage patties
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop sausage patties into bite-size pieces. Cook in pan with olive oil over medium heat. Set aside.
- Chop the cauliflower heads into bite-size chunks. Get a large pot and fill it with water. Season the water with salt. Boil the cauliflower for about 5 minutes. Drain the water well and set it aside.
- Get your baking dish (preferably an 8 x 8 baking pan) and grease the surface with oil. Place the boiled cauliflower on the baking dish. Top it with the bite-size sausage pieces. Set it aside.
- Prepare the cream cheese sauce. Use a sauce pan to heat the cream. Whisk in the cream cheese and Dijon mustard until it’s smooth. Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, ground pepper and garlic powder. Stir for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower and sausage. Mix until it’s covered with cheese.
- Top the dish with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it’s golden brown and cooked through.Take Note: This dish is really hot! Let it cool down for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
There you have it! Now your Keto Mac and Cheese is ready to serve!
Use a large serving spoon to get a generous serving of this hearty dish. Serve it on a nice bowl or a large plate.
For more delicious keto recipes, check out our Keto Breakfast Sandwich recipe!
To stay updated on our health and fitness posts, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! Just search for @fitbodus!