Get your seafood pasta fix with this delicious Paleo Shrimp Scampi Recipe!
I absolutely love pasta! It’s my go-to comfort food whenever I want something yummy and filling. On top of that, sometimes I get serious seafood cravings. When that happens, I’d usually go to the nearest restaurant for scrumptious garlic shrimp scampi.
But those were the old days! Now that I’m on a low carb diet, I learned to find healthier alternatives to pasta. When I found out about this healthy Paleo Shrimp Scampi recipe, I was excited to try it!
This dish is low in sodium, gluten free and uses no pasta! It has zucchini noodles that are actually similar to pasta when cooked. For someone who isn’t a fan of veggies, I honestly liked this “vegified” scampi version. I love how savory and flavorful it is, just like the classic dish I used to enjoy.
After trying this recipe, I’m pretty sure you’ll get why I’m no longer worried about my pasta cravings. Try it for yourself! Enjoy this classic garlic shrimp dish with a twist!
Paleo Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini noodles (4 medium zucchinis)
- 1 pound large shrimp, (peeled and deveined, leave tails on)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare all your ingredients first. Chop the onion and the garlic. Grate the lemon to get the lemon zest. Squeeze the juice into a cup. Peel and devein the shrimp, make sure to leave the tails on.
- Prepare the zucchini noodles. Use a spiralizer to easily create thin noodles. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can chop them into flat, thin strips. The noodles will be similar to flat pasta when cooked.
Take a large skillet and heat the olive oil and butter over medium-low heat. Cook the onion for about 3 minutes or until they’re soft. Add the garlic and stir it for about a minute.
- Add the shrimp, black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes into the skillet. Stir for around 3 minutes till the shrimp is half-cooked and still translucent.
Take your chicken broth and add it to the skillet. Mix in the the lemon juice and lemon zest. Boil it for a minute till the shrimp is cooked through.
Add the zucchini noodles and gently toss it with the shrimp. Make sure it’s thoroughly coated with the garlic lemon sauce. Cook until it’s warmed through. Take note: DO NOT overcook the zucchini or it will become mushy.
There you have it! Now your Paleo Garlic Shrimp Scampi is ready to serve!
Take a large plate or bowl. Twist the noodles slowly and place a generous serving on the plate. Sprinkle it with freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve it warm.
For more delicious paleo recipes, check out our Paleo Bacon Breakfast Skillet recipe!
To stay updated on our health and fitness posts, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! Just search for @FitBodUs!