Want a healthy and delicious meal in under 30 minutes? Try this easy Paleo Lemon Chicken Skillet with Broccoli recipe!
Like most people I know, I don’t like spending too much time in the kitchen. Back then, I’d usually just order take-out when I’m too lazy to cook. I’d get serious chicken dinner cravings, so I end up buying greasy chicken wings at the nearest fastfood stall.
However, lately things have changed. Going on a healthy diet made me realize anyone can prepare simple and nutritious meals. These days, I’ve learned how to make quick and easy low carb meals that can be done in under 30 minutes.
If you like savory chicken like me, you’ll love this recipe! Just throw in a few spices, broccoli and chicken breast and you’re sure to get a scrumptious dinner. Trust me. When you learn to cook great food, you won’t miss soggy takeout!
Try this super easy one pan Paleo Lemon Chicken Skillet recipe!
Low Carb Paleo Lemon Chicken Skillet with Broccoli
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 3 cups broccoli florets (one large broccoli head)
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon slices to garnish
- Prepare all the ingredients. Mince the garlic and chop the broccoli. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, onion powder and chili powder.
- Get a large skillet and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts.
- Pour the lemon juice over the chicken. Make sure to cook the chicken well on both sides. Tip: You can take a knife and fork to check if it’s no longer pink on the inside.
- Add the garlic, broccoli and chicken broth. Cook it for another 10 minutes. Stir in the broccoli to cover it with the lemon sauce. Flip the chicken breasts several times to make sure they’re cooked well. It’s ready to serve once the chickens is well cooked and the broccoli is tender.
That’s it! Your Paleo Lemon Chicken dinner is ready to serve!
Take a large platter. To plate it nicely, place the broccoli on the plate followed by the chicken on top. Add the remaining broccoli on the sides. Garnish it with chopped parsley and fresh slices of lemon.
For more delicious paleo recipes, check out our Paleo Shrimp Scampi recipe!
To stay updated on our health and fitness posts, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! Just search for @FitBodUs!