Satisfy your beef craving with this scrumptious Keto Beef Bulgogi dish!
Like everyone on a diet, I still get all sorts of food cravings that won’t go away unless they’re satisfied. Just this weekend, I happened to have a serious Asian beef dish craving. In the past, I’m more likely to just go out and order anything that would take care of my hunger pangs. However, this time it’s not the case. I’m pretty proud of myself for actually doing my homework and learning how to cook a healthy beef recipe.
Instead of running to the nearest Asian takeout, I got this great Korean Keto Beef Bulgogi recipe from my friend. What can I say? It’s amazing what a few changes in ingredients can do to make meals more nutritious.
I found out organic coconut aminos is a great substitute for soy sauce! Soy-free and gluten-free, it’s a rich a delicious condiment made from coconut sap. It doesn’t have any sugar but it’s slightly sweet with a salty flavor.
What’s more, this keto beef dish is surprisingly easy to make. All I really do is marinate and cook the beef in one skillet. And the best part? This recipe only has 2.6 grams of carbs! It’s perfect for anyone a low-carb keto diet.
If you’re having wild beef cravings, you’ll definitely want to make this delicious dish. Try it for yourself and enjoy!
Keto Beef Bulgogi Bowl Recipe
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 lb. top sirloin, chopped into strips
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Half a cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- 1 egg, hard-boiled (topping)
- 1 tsp. salt
- First, prepare all your ingredients. Chop the sirloin into thin strips. Ground the ginger or use a cheese grater to get fine ginger flakes. Chop the cucumber into thin, long strips. Boil the egg.
- Get a large bowl. Mix the apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, garlic powder, pepper flakes, and ground ginger. Add the beef and marinate it for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Use tongs to add strips of sirloin into the pan. Cook it in batches (this is around 3 to 4 batched) so the meat browns quickly on each side.
- Once all the beef strips are cooked, add back all the beef into the pan. Pour in the leftover marinate and sauté it for a few minutes until the meat is covered with the sauce.
There you have it! Now your Keto Beef Bulgogi is ready to serve!
Tasty Tip: This dish actually goes well with cauliflower rice.
Spread the cucumber strips into the bowl. Using tongs, layer the beef strips on top of the cucumber. Garnish it with nori flakes and sliced hard-boiled egg. Dig in and enjoy!
For more scrumptious keto dishes, check out our Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese recipe!
To stay updated on our health and fitness posts, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! Just search for @FitBodUs!